I know the 3 quick beep means the PS3 is doing a forced shutdown. For some reason these days it is happening to me. See below for details of the situation:
1. I wanted to play MW3 online, so I sign into PSN. My whole friend list doesn’t show up when I signed in.
2. I signed out, checked my connectivity, everything succeeds. Went to sign in again, message pops up saying PS3 online is going under Maintenance. Signed in again and I got in. Friend list is still having trouble loading.
3. Needed to download free maps to play MW3 (Approximately 200 MB). Went to download it at Playstation store, it took almost an HOUR.
4. Played online for an hour. No freezing and no lagging occured. I quit the game. Then turned off PS3 from the main menu. Then 3 beeps occured. The hdd indicator was not flashing when I was turning it off.
5. I got worried, and tried it again by signing into PSN and then signing out, then turning it off. PS3 still forced shutdown (3 beeps occured).
6. Got worried even more, and played Sleeping Dogs for like 30 minutes Offline, without even signing in. Turned off the PS3 and no beeps.
I could not find anything about PSN under Maintenance in the internet. Is something wrong with my PS3. My internet connectivity is shown at 100%.
Please help, Thanks