Did you know that there are thousands of PS3 users who experience red screen error with their game consoles? If you are a gamer, you could have experienced it, too. If you need to do a PS3 red screen fix on your own then you’ve come to the right place!
If you are thinking of just throwing away your gaming console, that is definitely not an option! Do not think that you cannot find a way to do a PS3 red screen fix yourself. These five steps will help you find a way to resolve this particular problem:
1. One of the usual causes of most internal failures of PS3 game consoles is overheating. Users have the habit of positioning the game console flat down on the floor or against the wall. This will definitely pose quite a big problem – air will not be flowing adequately in and out of the game console. If this is the case, then it is necessary that you reposition the unit. Make sure that there is a considerable distance between the back of the console and the wall so that there is ample flow of air.
Make sure also, that the fan vent is free from dust particles. If you see that the fan vents are blocked, immediately dust it off.
2. Test your hard drive. You might want to consider asking a friend to let you borrow their hard disk so you can test it on your console. When you have placed a different hard drive and you see that the red screen error is still there, then you could have a more serious problem or damage on your unit. It could be that overheating has caused other serious problems to with the motherboard.
3. To do a PS3 red screen error, there is a last in-home remedy that you can do – unplug the unit from the socket and let it rest for about 30 minutes. Doing so would let the console cool down a bit. However, this may not work all the time. If unplugging the console from the socket doesn’t solve the error, then there might be a more substantial damage to your unit.
4. Check if your gaming console is still covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. If it is, then you’re in luck since you can contact Sony to have it sent back to them for repair. A little drawback though, it usually takes six weeks the least before you can get your PS3 back. It is also important to make mention that you will lose everything that was saved in the gaming console.
However, if your console is no longer covered by warranty and you wouldn’t want to lose everything in your console then you can just forget about sending the unit to Sony. Without warranty, you will be charged between $150 and $300 just for the repair, depending on the problem of the unit.
5. Your last option is to find an online PS3 red screen fix tutorial. There are a lot of sites that offer fast and effective fixes, these guides even have instructional videos to help you fix the problem.
We hope that these 5 steps can help you perform a PS3 red screen fix.
Are you looking for more information regarding [url not allowed]? Visit [url not allowed] today!